Vulcan, Alberta Farm
The AdFarm Alberta farm began in 2001. It became fertile testing grounds for our knowledge and hands-on experience with the ups and downs of farming. Since 2008, we’ve been partnering with Graham Farms north west of Vulcan, Alberta – about an hour’s drive south of Calgary. Here’s what we’ve grown each year:
2001 – Canola
2002 – Canola
2003 – Canola
2004 – Malting Barley
2005 – Invigor/Nexera Canola yield challenge
2006 – Canadian Western Red Spring Wheat (CWRS)
2007 – Canadian Prairie Spring Wheat (CPS)
2008 – Field Peas (Hailed out: July 15, 2008)
2009 – Field Peas
2010 – InVigor Canola
2011 – Wheat (CWRS)
2012 – Nexera Canola
2013 – Wheat (CWRS)
The Farm and Farmer
We are excited to partner again this year with Graham Farms Limited, with Ben Graham, AdFarm Senior VP, and his family farm. Ben’s parents John and Donna Graham and his uncle Doug Graham are all partners in this Century farm. The farm is in a dark brown soil zone which nurtures a variety of crops every year on this widely spread farm land. The family farm was started in 1904 and the new house stands just about where the original house was, in the same farmyard.
Over the years, Graham Farms has explored almost every part of agriculture – from chickens, pig and cows, to wheat, peas and canola. Today, it is successful grain farm that provides many learning opportunities for AdFarm Calgary employees.
We look forward to building our relationship with the Grahams in the coming years.
- Crop is in the Bag… or Bin
- Kicking off the season on our Alberta farm
- We’re goin’ farming
- AdFarm Alberta 2010 Harvest
- Vulcan, Alberta Farm Captain’s Blog — August 1, 2010.
- Vulcan, Alberta Farm Captain’s Blog — June 6, 2010.
- The AdFarm North Dakota Corn Crop is in!
- Growing canola on the AdFarm Alberta Farm.
- AdFarm Calgary growing peas in 2009
- AdFarm pea crop below average due to weather extremes
- AdFarm pea crop delayed due to frost