Despite a late start and a little frost, the AdFarm pea crop is in the ground and seems to be holding its own. We sprayed for weeds about a week and now all we need is some much-needed rain. Here’s out
Pea Market Update – June
- The edible pea market was quiet last week as a surplus of stocks still exists in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh.
- The Indian Government currently has approximately 500,000 mt of edible peas in various warehouses across the country.
- Demand should start to increase during the September/October time frame.
- Feed demand has increased with the surfacing of European interest.
- Seeding across the prairies is almost complete with the exception of Manitoba.
- Farmer deliveries continue to be extremely strong sitting at 1.769 million metric tonnes as of May 31, 2009; last year, deliveries were 1.538mmt to date.
- Visible stocks within primary/port elevators have also increased, currently at 219,000 mt, compared to 105,000 mt at this time last year.
- Canadian pea exports remain are at 1.644mmt to date, compared to 1.565mmt last year