The Account Supervisor is responsible for independently establishing, maintaining and enhancing effective relationships with existing AdFarm clients through planning and directing communication and advertising campaigns and projects, using a wide array of resources and tactics.
The key roles and tasks of the Account Supervisor include:
• Write the strategic summary, communications plan and initial campaign Brief consistent with the clients requirements, in consultation with the Group Account Lead:
• Determine and develop client communications requirements using project or service knowledge, marketing research, media capabilities and target market characteristics.
• Evaluate, adjust and redirect communications campaigns by studying and analyzing sales results, demographics customer satisfaction surveys and other market research information.
• Prepare communications work plans when required by the client.
• Examine the potential for public relations services to become involved with the project or client.
• Oversee the implementation of approved communications plans and provide direction.
• Anticipate project plan needs to bring project in on time and budget:
• Develop strategic and tactical communications or advertising work plans and budgets by collaborating with the client, production manager and agency suppliers, including creative staff, copywriters, photographers and other media-production specialists to select media and estimate costs.
• Update budgets and communicate financial progress related to client campaigns.
• Obtain written client approval by developing the strategy, preparing and presenting proposals, cost estimates, concepts, storyboards, and other copy and print mock-ups and managing internal hours estimates.
• Assist in account/client negotiations when appropriate.
• Guide the production and implementation of tactics by coordinating all agency functions and ensuring that campaigns are on time, on budget and on target.
• Serve as the primary client contact, in consultation with the Group Account Lead:
• Continually nurture and grow client relationships.
• Identify current and future client service requirements through establishing rapport and building stronger relationships with current and potential clients.
• Liaise with the client to develop strategic communications plans.
• Work with the client to review and evolve communications plans.
• Meet with client to present and review new and ongoing projects and opportunities.
• Understand the client:
• Learn about the client's business and its needs.
• Proactively provide clients with innovative new ideas that will enhance their marketing/communications activities.
• Write the client contact and status reports:
• Develop briefs, contact reports and other communications to establish and maintain open channels, internal partners and suppliers.
• Set projections and management expectations for client.
• Invoice the client:
• Ensure that the client is invoiced according to the estimate and according to the value of the project.
• When an Account Executive or Senior Account Executive is not involved in the project, the Account Supervisor is required to:
• Meet with the client to present and review changes and discuss strategy.
• Write work orders.
• Proof copy and review layouts and editing, including client changes.
• Lead internal meetings.
• Provide leadership and supervision to Account Executives.
• Attend internal staff/management meetings.
• Continuously stay on top of industry issues, technologies, and opportunities.
• Participate and provide ideas and support to other AdFarm employees.
• Recognize and pursue new business opportunities.
• Participate in Industry events.
• Actively participate in various internal committees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• College Diploma or University Degree with a specialization in Agri-business, Marketing, Communications or a related field
• 5-10 years in agricultural marketing or communications, preferably with agency experience and an understanding and/or interest in the communications/marketing needs of the agricultural industry
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Comprehensive understanding of the communications and marketing needs of the agricultural industry.
• Proficient project management skills with excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen effectively.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated ability to produce high quality campaign briefs.
• Excellent networking and liaison skills with demonstrated client management skills.
• Ability to work at a strategic level when developing marketing strategies and plans.
• Competence in client budget management and billing.
• Demonstrated ability to produce work to a high standard with little supervision.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate other team members.